My last two posts have been pretty heavy going. They needed to be written to get the ball rolling again but I feel the need to lighten up the space a little now!
In that spirit here are the current enjoyable obsessions in my life…
- Netflix – I know I am late to this party but my partner just won a 4 month free subscription so we have finally joined the bandwagon. Sweet Pea is loving the never ending Tellytubbies and Charlie & Lola while we are LOVING Friday Night LIghts and Making A Murderer so far. One of my best friends is also encouraging me to binge on Nashville and I’ve got Bloodline in my sights. Any others you would recommend??
- Reading – always has been, always will be my go to comfort. As well as this brand new release that I am dying to get my hands on I’m planning to re-read some of my favourite books this year, The Hours and The Broken Book . At the moment I am really enjoying The Trouble with Goats and Sheep,
- Painting with my Sweet Pea – I am not what you would call an artistic person – but I would so love to be!! I’ve been using cheap water colours to paint with my little girl and I love it – so soothing and relaxing. I can even let Sweet Pea join in on my page and not feel (too) much angst at the loss of control!!
- Discovering new cook books and recipes – I love cook books. I have a stack of them in our kitchen and I’m always on the look out for new ones. As for cooking…. Well, I do give it a try now and again! I was given the new Nigella Lawson cookbook for my Birthday and so far the Nutella brownies get a big thumbs up. The Mexican salad from this new Lola Berry book has also been a winner in our house.
- Podcasts – I have a fair bit of driving to do to and from work every day so rather than listening to inane radio I have collected some podcasts to keep me entertained. The second series of Serial has me in its grips at the moment and I’m also enjoying Chat 10 Looks 3 with Leigh Sales and Annabel Crabb.
- My Girl – We have had a rough few months with our girl but we finally feel as though we are turning a corner and the relief that brings is indescribable. I am the first to put my hand up and say I find this whole mothering thing bloody hard but at the moment I am enjoying starting to connect a little more with my girl and really enjoy our time together – yay!
I would love to hear your latest obsessions too – I always have room to add at least one more…