Friday Finds #3

Karen iphone 2015 1878

I’m not sure how it got to be Friday already but I’m bloody glad it is!! I’m looking forward to a weekend of catching up with family and friends, connecting with my lovely man and little Sweet Pea who I feel have been sorely neglected of late (more about that next week) and hopefully some reading and sleeping!

Here are some places to dive into over the weekend if you are so inclined…

– I know I am probably WAY late to the party on this one but how good is Serial?? I listened to the first 3 episodes on the drive home from Sydney this afternoon and I can’t wait to binge listen to the rest soon.

– Speaking of looking forward to I am seriously looking forward to the release of Pitch Perfect 2 later this year…

– I love this sweet idea

– I so want these editions of some of my favourite books but they aren’t sold in Australia – typical!

– Purchased this book for Sweet Pea (and maybe a little bit for me…) this week – just adorable!

– And this book for me – after seeing The Imitation Game I want to read more about Bletchley Park, and especially about the women who worked there.

How about you? What has captured your attention this week??

11 Comments on Friday Finds #3

1. Jess
    February 14, 2015 at 2:02 pm (2 years ago)

I cannot wait for Pitch Perfect 2, it looks great! And don’t worry, I still haven’t gotten on the Serial bandwagon, I am always at least 12 months behind 😉

• Karen
      February 16, 2015 at 12:20 pm (2 years ago)

Oh me too Jess – I kind of like that, we get to catch up after all the initial hype!

2. Nancy | Plus Ate Six
    February 14, 2015 at 7:49 pm (2 years ago)

Oh Anne of Green Gables – a childhood favourite of mine too. Can’t wait for Pitch Perfect 2 – I hope it a good one second movies can be a bit problematic can’t they? We’re heading into Chinese New Year this week so the focus has been on getting out of town asap!

• Karen
      February 16, 2015 at 12:21 pm (2 years ago)

I know what you mean about sequels. The trailers for the movie look great so I hope it delivers…

3. Jess - A Little Part of the World
    February 16, 2015 at 1:52 pm (2 years ago)

I’ve never listened to a podcast! I am WAY behind the pack. I am excited for Pitch Perfect too. I hope you had a great weekend. Thanks for linking up to the Ultimate Rabbit Hole. Jx

• Karen
      February 24, 2015 at 7:59 am (2 years ago)

Thanks for helping create it Jess! I’m pretty new to podcasts too but they are a great alternative to watching crappy tv and just flicking through channel after channel I find (although I do like to do that sometimes!!)

4. Shannon@ my2morrows
    February 16, 2015 at 10:37 pm (2 years ago)

omg.. Im loving serial. I’m up to Ep 9! Wondering what to do once it’s finished?!

• Karen
      February 24, 2015 at 7:59 am (2 years ago)

I think they are making a new series Shannon…

• shannon@ my2morrows
        February 24, 2015 at 4:58 pm (2 years ago)

I did hear that! Hope it’s released soon! And hope it’s as good as the first series! X

5. Fleur @ Our Urban Box
    February 17, 2015 at 9:19 pm (2 years ago)

Everyone is talking about serial! I really need to get my butt onto gear and listen to it. I am busting to see Pitch Perfect 2! I loved the first one so much! Thanks for linking up with The UItimate Rabbit Hole x

• Karen
      February 24, 2015 at 8:00 am (2 years ago)

Thanks Fleur – sounds like there will be quite a few of us lining up at the cinemas for PP2!