Just a day

Oct 2014 043

My mantra these days seems to be “I’m tired”. When ever anyone asks how I’m going I reply, “I’m tired”. When I think about planning new jobs, completing current jobs or playing catch up with past jobs I say to myself, “I’m tired”. When Sweet Pea asks me to play or read or jump or sing I push myself but inside I’m saying “I’m tired”. I even went to my doctor and told her the mantra. She ordered blood tests. They came back perfect. So apparently I’m not medically tired! But that doesn’t stop this seemingly never ending lack of energy, motivation or spark. It’s hard to be tired when you’re a working woman with a toddler! Yesterday was the one full day of the week I had to spend with Sweet Pea. In amongst the tiredness was also a huge dose of mother guilt – I really feel like I haven’t been spending enough time with her – and when I am with her my mind seems to be somewhere else thinking of the gazillion things I need to be doing/should be doing. Yesterday all I wanted to do was stay in bed with my book and a cup of tea (you know those days??) but I knew I couldn’t. So, I dragged my butt out of bed (and I mean dragged!) and made myself have a shower, get ready and walk to the lake with my girl. And she loved it. And I loved it. And I actually felt like there was some energy there beneath all the other crap that piles on top of me on a daily, sometimes hourly basis. It turns out all I needed was a day.

Oct 2014 052 Oct 2014 054 Oct 2014 050 Oct 2014 044

7 Comments on Just a day

1. Pippa
    November 6, 2014 at 7:31 pm (3 years ago)

Glad you both had a good day. That lake is amazing-you’re so lucky to have that within walking distance!

November 11, 2014 at 9:06 pm (3 years ago)

Thanks Pippa! We are very lucky to have such a beautiful place so close by – it is my sanity some days!!

2. Holly (2 Kids and Tired)
    November 8, 2014 at 12:26 pm (3 years ago)

I think I’ve forgotten what it’s like not to be tired! So glad you had a great day. Lovely photos!

November 11, 2014 at 9:07 pm (3 years ago)

Hi Holly – I’m starting to think that the feeling tired thing is more than just a phase too! It’s learning to accept that some days isn’t it??

3. Sonia Life Love Hiccups
    November 9, 2014 at 11:54 am (3 years ago)

I think I’m tired is a given until our kids are at least 18 lol. Looks like you guys had a beautiful day though and that is tonic for the sleep deprived mum’s soul xx

November 11, 2014 at 9:07 pm (3 years ago)

Hi Sonia – I was afraid you might tell me something like that!! I’m trying to accept the constant tired feeling as part of the gig and role with it – some days that is easier than others!

November 11, 2014 at 9:08 pm (3 years ago)

and by “role” I mean roll!!