You may ( or may not) have noticed that I am yet to complete the “About Me” page for this blog. I know, I know, it’s THE most important page – especially for a newby blogger such as myself and it is needed so that readers can feel connected to the woman behind “A Wondering Life”. The truth is, I think I am struggling to feel connected to that woman at the moment – so writing a raw, honest, this is me in all my authenticity kind of spiel is a little hard right now. I really want to write it, but I think I’m afraid of getting it wrong. Crazy I know!
So, I thought I would write a few little bites about myself in the hope that you will feel you have gotten to know me just a little more, and maybe, in a round about way, it will help me wander along to my “About Me” page really soon…
1. I am a social worker by day. At the moment I am working in a community mental health service but in the past I have worked in a major hospital in an Intensive Care Unit, a Brain Injury Service, The Department of Public Prosecutions, SIDS and Kids and Forensic Medicine. My passion is working with people in crisis. My job drains me and inspires me at the same time.
2. I have a few OCD-ish tendencies. I might wait until we know each other better to fill you in on all of them but one I will share now is my absolute need to finish all emails, cards and letters I send to friends and family with a kiss – never a hug. xoxox
3. I find motherhood a real challenge. I love my daughter to bits but by god, being a mum is a struggle for me a lot of the time.
4. I would like to create a new position (which I feel I would be qualified to fill) entitled “Supreme Decider of What Movie Ideas Should Get Funding”. I am honestly baffled by the amount of money spent on some movies that offer nothing of value when people in our world live in poverty. Independence Day you would have been on my hit list.
5. My favourite TV show of all time is “Friends”. I share a lot of the same qualities as the character Monica (maybe I should just copy her bio for my About Page??) and my best friend and I like to battle it out for who knows the most trivia about the show. I believe there is no situation in life for which a “Friends” quote is not suitable.
6. I love cemeteries. I love the sense of history, place and emotion they evoke and the stories they can tell.
7. If I could choose to have anyone’s job in the world it would be Richard Fidlers
8. I am turning 40 at the end of this year. A number that used to scare me, but now seems full of promise and opportunity.
Well, that wasn’t so hard I guess! How about you? I would love for you to share one thing about yourself in the comments so that I can get to know you better..